How should we be using AI positively and constructively?
AI is part of our lives both personally and professionally whether you like it or not. Any senior executive or entrepreneur should be learning more about how best to use AI in their organisation, but there are many implications of its use that need to be considered. In this episode Juliette Powell and Art Kleiner share their wisdom, expertise and considerable research on this topic to give us a nuanced perspective of its use.
We talk about fascinating applications of AI, not just generative. How much control we have over it, or think we do, in particular the data it uses. We also talk about how we can build trust in the algorithms and systems and how we can mitigate bias and what companies and governments should be doing more of.
“I don’t know where it’s going to go but I am glad to be alive at this moment.” – Juliette Powell
You'll hear about:
● What is Artificial Intelligence?
● The implications of illusory control
● What is the AI dilemma
● Data privacy solutions with AI
● Behaviours developers of AI need to change
● How can leaders create AI debate space?
● How should governments use AI
● The biggest myths about AI
About Juliette Powell and Art Kleiner:
Juliette Powell is an independent researcher, strategist, entrepreneur, and keynote speaker at the intersection of technology and business. She has delivered live commentary on Bloomberg, BNN, NBC, CNN, ABC, and the BBC and presentations at institutions like The Economist, Harvard, and MIT. She was a cofounder with Intel Labs of the research network WeTheData.
Art Kleiner is a writer, editor, and entrepreneur who focuses on machine, organizational, and human behaviour, the neuroscience of leadership, content strategy, and the strategies and insights needed in business to manage complex dilemmas. His books include The Age of Heretics: A History of the Radical Thinkers Who Reinvented Corporate Management and The Wise Advocate: The Inner Voice of Strategic Leadership.
- The book ‘AI Dilemma’: https://kleinerpowell.com/
Juliette - https://kleinerpowell.com/juliette-powell
Art - https://kleinerpowell.com/art-kleiner
Sign up to my Strategic Leader newsletter (http://bit.ly/36WRpri) for stimuli, ideas, guidance and tips on how to lead your team, organisation or self more effectively, delivered straight to your inbox:
Subscribe to my YouTube channel (http://bit.ly/3cFGk1k) where you can watch the conversation.
Take the Extraordinary Essentials test (https://bit.ly/3EhSKY5) to identify your strengths and development areas as a strategic leader:
For more details about me:
● Services (https://bit.ly/373jctk) to CEOs, entrepreneurs and professionals.
● About me (https://bit.ly/3LFsfiO) - my background, experience and philosophy.
● Examples of my writing (https://bit.ly/3O7jkc7).
● Follow me and engage with me on LinkedIn (https://bit.ly/2Z2PexP).
● Follow me and engage with me on Twitter (https://bit.ly/36XavNI).