How does nutrition impact strategic leaders?
This episode is all about feeding your brain and body with the right stuff. In other words, how can you enjoy a good nutritious diet, and why it matters for our performance and wellbeing at work, and indeed in life. Dana Chapman, a leading nutritional therapist joins me to share her advice on how to do this.
Dana explains food’s role as a source of nutrients rather than a source of fuel and how understanding this has profound impacts on both our physical and mental health. She gives practical advice on how to make changes to your diet to improve your gut health as well as how to have good eating habits and the triggers that can lead to poor nutritional choices.
“A lot of it is people seeing food as fuel, rather than people seeing food as a source of nutrients and a source of raw materials that help our bodies to perform the best” – Dana Chapman
You'll hear about:
● What is poor gut health?
● What does good nutrition look like?
● What are good eating habits?
● What steps can you take to improve nutrition?
● Triggers that cause poor nutrition
● Does nutrition affect mental health
● Dana's views on supplements
● What is Dana's Gut Safe Model?
● Dana's biggest nutritional changes
● What helps Dana do her best work?
About Dana Chapman:
Dana is a health and wellness expert, a nutritional therapist, and founder of DC Nutrition. She works with organisations and individuals who want to take control of their mental health. Empowering people with knowledge about how their bodies work, and how this knowledge can help you feel better, think better and perform better. Her training is in Nutrition Science, which incorporates elements of how genetics, stressors, environment, food, movement and sleep all impact how we feel, think, and perform.
Resources, newsletter: www.dc-nutrition.co.uk
Gut safe model: https://www.dc-nutrition.co.uk/downloads
Sign up to my Strategic Leader newsletter (http://bit.ly/36WRpri) for stimuli, ideas, guidance and tips on how to lead your team, organisation or self more effectively, delivered straight to your inbox:
Subscribe to my YouTube channel (http://bit.ly/3cFGk1k) where you can watch the conversation.
Take the Extraordinary Essentials test (https://bit.ly/3EhSKY5) to identify your strengths and development areas as a strategic leader:
For more details about me:
● Services (https://bit.ly/373jctk) to CEOs, entrepreneurs and professionals.
● About me (https://bit.ly/3LFsfiO) - my background, experience and philosophy.
● Examples of my writing (https://bit.ly/3O7jkc7).
● Follow me and engage with me on LinkedIn (https://bit.ly/2Z2PexP).
● Follow me and engage with me on Twitter (https://bit.ly/36XavNI).