How do you develop a reinvention mindset?
Who better to talk with than Aidan McCullum, who's used this mindset as he's moved from being a professional rugby player, to commentator, to innovation leader, to transformational consultant, keynote speaker, and host of the successful Innovation Show.
He talks about what it takes to reinvent yourself, how to think about your mindset (your ‘software’) and how to look after yourself as you experience discomfort and anxiety. Aidan emphasises the importance of a ‘fuzzy’ vision to help guide you as you make important decisions.
“You can't change business models until change mental models. You don't change what people do until they change how they think.” – Aidan McCullen
You'll hear about:
· What is mindset?
· How to manage yourself to make wise decisions
· Improve yourself to reinvent yourself
· Managing anxiety as you go through reinvention
· The importance of a vision
· Aidan's process of learning story telling
· What has most inspired Aidan from his podcast?
· Misconceptions about discipline and innovation
· What does Aidan struggle with?
· What impact does Aidan want to have on the world?
About Aidan McCullen:
Aidan is a transformational consultant, leading workshops and giving keynote speeches. He is the host of the Innovation Show podcast and the author of the book ‘Undisruptable: a mindset reinvention for individuals, organisations, and life’. He is an Adjunct Professor at Trinity College, Dublin and a non-executive director of various organisations. Previously, he held innovation leadership roles at RTE and Communicorp and was a professional rugby player.
The Innovation Show: https://theinnovationshow.io/about/
The Thursday Thought Blog: https://theinnovationshow.io/blog/
Undisruptable Book: https://theinnovationshow.io/undisruptable-book/
Sign up to my Strategic Leader newsletter (http://bit.ly/36WRpri) for stimuli, ideas, guidance and tips on how to lead your team, organisation or self more effectively, delivered straight to your inbox:
Subscribe to my YouTube channel (http://bit.ly/3cFGk1k) where you can watch the conversation.
Take the Extraordinary Essentials test (https://bit.ly/3EhSKY5) to identify your strengths and development areas as a strategic leader:
For more details about me:
● Services (https://bit.ly/373jctk) to CEOs, entrepreneurs and professionals.
● About me (https://bit.ly/3LFsfiO) - my background, experience and philosophy.
● Examples of my writing (https://bit.ly/3O7jkc7).
● Follow me and engage with me on LinkedIn (https://bit.ly/2Z2PexP).
● Follow me and engage with me on Twitter (https://bit.ly/36XavNI).